Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 30: A Champion At Last

Can you believe that I'm now a 30-day champion? What an honor!
I walked into Mr. Yogato after work accompanied by a friend, who seemed almost as excited about my moment in the sun as I was. Because my yogurt was free today (it just happened to work out like that), I opted for a medium original tangy with strawberries and blueberries. Heeding my flavor advice, my friend also got a tangy and praised my flavor-picking ability.
I then got my photo taken with the special Mr. Yogato hat and tie, along with a soon-to-be-framed certificate of my flavor name. (As soon as I get access to that photo, I'll post it up here.) Eventually, the photo will go on Mr. Yogato's website.
After all the hoopla, my friend and I were ready to chill out, so we hopped onto the Nintendo system and played Super Mario Brothers 3, which I don't think I'd played since I was about 12 years old.
My friend had to leave shortly thereafter, so I hung out and played some more Nintendo. Luckily, Mr. Yogato himself was around, so we got to chat, and he thoroughly congratulated me for meeting my challenge. Chris was working as well, so I was glad he was able to witness my crowning achievement.
All in all, Day 30 was a glorious experience. I don't know what I'm going to do with my lunch breaks from now on. To be honest, I'm kind of sad that my challenge is over. But you can bet I'll still be making regular visits to Mr. Yogato.

P.S. My flavor, Hot Ta-Melanie, should come to fruition fairly soon. I'm still not 100% sure on how the whole thing works, but I can't wait to taste my flavor!

5 comments:

  1. Well done, Melanie! You rock! Can't wait to try your yogurt namesake next time I am in town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Melanie! loved the blog...i read the whole thing:)

    yango (mango)
    2x 30 day champ in dc
    1x 30 day champ in fells point
    what can i say, i love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muchas felicidades, chica! Can't wait to visit Mr Yogato with you after you've had a break from fro-yo : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nudge toward tangy was an excellent recommendation, lady. And congrats!

    ReplyDelete