Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 12: Meh

The yogurt was not meh, of course, but the experience kind of was. For some reason, while I was at Yogato today, I felt like something was missing.
A friend and I went to the Tidal Basin to see the cherry blossoms (and tourists) en masse. As we started making our way toward the Washington Monument, the sky opened. Let me tell you, getting pummeled by hail is a blast, and I'd recommend it to anyone!
But seriously. After it hailed, it began to pour, so we took cover under some awnings and construction sites on 15th Street. Thankfully, the "scattered showers" forecast was totally accurate, and we resumed our walk to Yogato a few minutes later.
By the time we arrived in heaven, our hands were freezing, but my resolve to eat yogurt was no less. I was excited to see that yesterday's trivia questions were still up, so even though I resisted a forehead stamp, I still got a nice discount.
My friend didn't partake, so it was a one-person yogurt fest. Maybe that had something to do with the lack of contentment I usually feel when I'm consuming my froyo. Or maybe my froyo adventure is something I just prefer doing alone. Either way, something felt off.
My original tangy with crushed chili pepper and chocolate sprinkles tasted as yummy as usual, of course. But although today's yoguru seemed nice, I think I missed "my" regular yoguru. I can't wait till Monday!

The wind whips my hair back and forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment